Saturday, December 6, 2014

Review: Ecotools Mineral Brush Set

Hello, Beauties!
So I just got a brand new brush set from Ecotools called Ecotools Mineral Brush Set, consist of 4 brushes and 1 pouch to keep the brushes in.

 
(L-R): makeup pouch, mini kabuki, concealer brush, eyeshading brush, mineral powder brush
I purchased this set from local online store in Instagram for IDR 170000 (It's USD 9.99 on ecotools website, so CHEAP)

what's in the set?
1. Mini Kabuki : This is the smallest Kabuki I've ever seen. It's really cute and despite the size it does a good job, really useful for reaching small areas like under eyes, the nose and basically all over your face. And it is so soft and fluffy I could die! RATE: 5/5
look how tiny it is!

2. Concealer brush: I really don't know what to do with this brush since I don't really like using it for concealer application. It does feel streaky on your face and just it doesn't do well with concealer. I tried using it and ended up using my finger to 'sink' the concealer in. Also the handle doesn't feel right, I don't know why. RATE: 1/5

3. Eyeshading brush: It should be called eye blending brush I guess. I just use it for put eyeshadow in crease area and then blend blend blend. Really nice for blending eyeshadows and so soft, like a lullaby to my eyelid. RATE 5/5
(L-R) : concealer brush, eyeshading brush
4. Mineral powder brush: I use this to apply product in my area. It pick the blush very well and make the blush look very natural on me. FYI, I have a pretty pigmented blush from Catrice, and I usually have to use it with a light hand. However, imho, this brush is not very suitable for contouring, I find it rather too soft and a little too flimsy for contouring. RATE: 3/5
Mineral powder brush

Lastly, the pouch.  this is a just a simple average mini makeup bag with zipper. Nothing special tho'. You can bring your brushes in this bag and even toss lipstick and mini shadows too in it.




In my opinion, this is a pretty great brush set that you toss in your bag for touch-up or even to travel with during trips. Personally, this is gonna be my ultimate travel companion when I don't want to bring a lot of makeup and big brushes. 
Also this is an eco friendly set, It just feels right to beautify your while protecting the enviroment :)

 XO - Georgiana



3 comments:

  1. Gue juga ada iniiii! Brush andalan kalo lagi mau travel light, karena kecil-kecil jadi bisa dimasukin ke pouch makeup mini barengan sama produk lain. Cuma emang yang concealer brushnya gak banget, gatau juga itu mau dipake buat apaan. hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gue juga ada iniiii! Brush andalan kalo lagi mau travel light, karena kecil-kecil jadi bisa dimasukin ke pouch makeup mini barengan sama produk lain. Cuma emang yang concealer brushnya gak banget, gatau juga itu mau dipake buat apaan. hahaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bener banget, saking travel friendly, ini selalu dibawa klo mau pergi kerja haha

      Delete